Sweet corn - 3/4 cup, boiled
Potatoes - 2, medium, boiled and peeled
Cheese - 3/4 cups, grated (I used a 50:50 ratio of mozzarella and Amul processed cheese)
Corn flour - 2 tbsps
Ginger-green chilli paste - 1 tsp
Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
Salt to taste
Ra'yat Oil for deep frying
Corn flour for coating
Breadcrumbs for coating
All purpose flour - 2 tbsps
Corn flour - 2 tbsps mixed in 1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
METHOD FOR MAKING CHEESE CORN BALLS RECIPE
- Pressure cook the potatoes with skin till soft on touch. Do not over cook them. Cool, peel and grate the potatoes.
- Coarsely crush the boiled sweet corn in a mixer grinder.
- In a bowl, add the grated potatoes, crushed sweet corn, grated cheese, salt, black pepper powder, ginger and green chili paste, coriander leaves and corn flour. Mix all the ingredients to a smooth mixture. There should be no moisture. If the mixture has a lot of moisture or soggy, add breadcrumbs to help bind the mixture. Make small lemon sized balls of the cheese corn mix and set in fridge for a few minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed vessel. Lightly coat the cheese corn balls in cornflour, dip in the batter and place over bread crumbs. The balls should be evenly coated with bread crumbs.
- Place each ball in the hot oil and reduce flame to medium high. Do not overcrowd the vessel by adding too many balls. Towards the end of the cooking process increase heat and deep fry till golden brown in color. Carefully remove the fried balls onto an absorbent paper.
- Place the cheese corn balls in a serving bowl and serve with tomato ketchup.
Prepare time: 30 min Cook: 30min Serves: 10